Authentication Failed

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 20
Points 35
suzbandit987 Posted: Fri, Jul 13 2007 3:16 PM

Well after I learned some things from a different Open Source program installation, I got past my Innovator .net issues.  Now I am getting the authentication failed error meassge when I try to login.  I have read all the posts I could find on this issue, but still cannot get it to work.  Can we go through the motions, here as well???

Here is my InnovatorServerConfig.xml

<Innovator>

<UI-Tailoring login_logo="../images/logos/innovator_splash.jpg" branding_img="../images/logos/banner_02.jpg" product_name="Innovator 8" banner_url="../scripts/banner.aspx" banner_height="50" />

<operating_parameter key="debug_log_flag" value="false" />

<operating_parameter key="debug_log_limit" value="10000" />

<operating_parameter key="debug_log_pretty" value="true" />

<disabled_operating_parameter key="performance_logging" value="cpu" />

<operating_parameter key="xslt_processor_debug" value="false" />

<disabled_operating_parameter key="email_debug_option" value="file" />

<License lic_type="Unlimited"lic_key="7f100b7b36092fb9b06dfb4fac360931" />                                                                                                 

<Mail SMTPServer="queue" />

<operating_parameter key="temp_folder" value="C:\Program Files\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server\temp" />

<operating_parameter key="ServerMethodTempDir" value="C:\Program Files\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server\dll" />

<operating_parameter key="debug_log_prefix" value="C:\Program Files\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\Server\Logs\" />

<DB-Connection id="InnovatorSolutions" database="InnovatorSolutions" server="jeff/sqlexpress" uid="innovator" pwd="innvator" dbType="SQL Server" />

</Innovator>

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 1,270
Bill replied on Fri, Jul 13 2007 3:57 PM

Well, I'm not sure which error you are getting, but let me try to pass on a couple of ideas that might help.

"Authentication failed for..." usually means that you have simply used an invalid login/password.  In this case, please refer to post http://exchange.aras.com/forums/post/82.aspx for help logging in the first time.  You can also review Section 4 "Logging into Aras Innovator" in the Aras Innovator - Installation Guide on our documentation page at:  http://www.aras.com/support/Documentation/documentation.aspx

If you get an error message like the following:

Login Failure

It indicates that the db connection string is incorrect.  The most likely error is that the login and passwrod are not correct.  To change this, edit the InnovatorServerConfig.xml, and find the connection parameters for the database you are trying to log into:

<DB-Connection id="InnovatorSolutions" database="InnovatorSolutions" server="localhost" uid="admin" pwd="innovator" dbType="SQL Server" />

In this case, it is an example from a different community member in the past.  He had substituted the Innovator Admin login information for the sql login information.  When you installed the database, you created the innovator user, and assigned him a login.  The default value for this login is "innovator".  So I would change the connection string to match what I set it to when it was originally installed.

<DB-Connection id="InnovatorSolutions" database="InnovatorSolutions" server="localhost" uid="innovator" pwd="password" dbType="SQL Server" />

If you do not remember what you set the password for the login to, I recommend that you reset the password in SQL Server.

For more information about configuring the InnovatorServerConfig.xml parameter, see the Aras Innovator - Installation Guide on our documentation page at:  http://www.aras.com/support/Documentation/documentation.aspx

If the error you are recieving is not any of these, please give me the text of the error message, and I'll be glad to help.

-Bill

• | Post Points: 0
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 20
Points 35

How do I reset the password for SQL? 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 1,270
Bill replied on Mon, Jul 23 2007 4:51 PM

Have you manually edited this config file?

This line has two suspect things for me:

<DB-Connection id="InnovatorSolutions" database="InnovatorSolutions" server="jeff/sqlexpress" uid="innovator" pwd="innvator" dbType="SQL Server" />

server="jeff/sqlexpress" should probably be server="jeff\sqlexpress"

pwd="innvator" is correct?  have you tried to login to the management console using this password?

-Bill

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
square replied on Wed, Jun 8 2011 12:09 PM

I have installed Aras Innovator successfully, but the first time login, I used user 'admin' and password 'innovator', but I got an error message window with  "Login failed for user "innovator" ".  I have read the "Aras Innovator 9.2 - Installation Guide.pdf", this is the default login account, I am not sure what I have missed.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,545

Hi.

See this.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS